Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To my son on his 1st birthday

Dear Dylan,
I can not believe how quickly a year has passed. I feel like it was just yesterday that your daddy and I found out we were pregnant. I had wanted a baby for what seemed like forever and felt so blessed to finally experience the joys of being pregnant and the miracle of life. Was I scared? Absolutely. But only of the giving birth part...not about actually being pregnant. I pretty much loved every minute of it as you will see when reading week by week what my pregnancy was like with you.

I wondered every day what color eyes you would have, what color hair you would have, would you look like daddy, would you look like me, would you love me as much as I love you, would I be a good mother? Your daddy and I still to this day are completely blown away by the miracle of YOU! You lived for a full 9 months inside my belly and grew from the size of a sesame seed to the size of a small watermelon. Can you believe that? It is an absolute miracle that I can never truly explain. All I know is that I am so very blessed to have had a healthy, such wonderful son like you. You are by far the best thing that has happened to daddy and I. We love you more than I could ever put into words.

You have made me want to become the best mom I possibly can be. I was there the day you smiled for the first time, the first time you rolled over and the first time you giggled. I will always be there for you, no matter what. I am such a proud mommy. You have come so far and learned so much in your first year of life and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to see what comes next or to hear you say "mommy" or to hear you tell me you love me. I PROMISE I will cry the first time you say "I love you mommy."

I love you my sweet baby Dylan. You are our little baby boy, our little "junior", our little "murph", our little blueberry.

With all my love,
Mommy

No comments: